Friday, January 14, 2011

Call me Susie Maguire

It's Friday night. I sat down to relax and slipped into watching Jerry Maguire on the E channel. I forget how much I like these kinds of movies. Movies that reinvigorate a passion for life, and for living.

In the movie, Jerry is unhappy with life, his job and etc. Sound familiar? So, Jerry, drafted a "Mission Statement." (Frequently confused throughout the movie as a "memo.") A statement about how he wanted things to be different. He wanted a change. It got me thinking: Don't we all kind of need a "mission statement?" A New Year 's "mission statement," perhaps? A statement to give this new year some direction? Perhaps a script on how this year will differ from last's? How it will be a better, more meaningful and purposeful year? I think yes. I'm drafting my own statement right now and feel ready to rock. Bring it 2011. Bring it on.

Yeah, I know. I get that we are 14 days into this year. But... I struggle to make "New Year's" resolutions because I'm more of the school of thought that everyday is a new day and a new opportunity to "resolve" to live a better life. Because...isn't that really what these goals are all about? Living healthier, wealthier, more fulfilled happy lives? I think yes. Just say'n. That's just how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment